Saturday, May 16, 2015

Post Neurologist

This is a blog written by a properly-diagnosed, carefully-evaluated, perfectly content, headache-free girl. I have gone a full two months without a TENSION-TYPE headache. Yes, I was in fact a sufferer of one of the most common types of primary headaches, tension-type headaches, characterized by all that existed in my 30 day headache journal. Specifically, my neurologist was able to classify my headache type by seeing a consistency in the muscle tightness in my face and neck, specific type and location of the pain in the very front of my head, and the lack of sleep and increased stress level. All those factors played into the final diagnosis. Without a headache journal, there would have been continued ambiguity with my treatment, and therefore, more pain with no gain. I am so optimistic about my future now that my neurologist has given me the treatment options that are best suited for tension-type headaches. The combination of aspirin and caffeine, as well as antidepressants have been extremely beneficial to me! In terms of my lifestyle, I focus a lot of my energy on combatting stress, consistently getting adequate sleep, tending to any soreness I have, and maintaining superb posture. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that I overcame the headaches that had been debilitating me for so long!

Feeling blessed, relieved, and treated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment