Saturday, May 16, 2015

Gotta Try It!


So basically, I'm desperate for some sort of relief. Everyone I know has told me to pay a visit to my neurologist. Do they think I am completely inexperienced? I have paid a visit, many actually. The headaches improved after the first visit with some therapy and lifestyle changes, then worsened, improved, worsened, and improved again. The vicious cycle was rather irritating for not only me, but my neurologist as well. He struggled to find consistent efficiency with different treatment options. My last resort is this headache journal. In order to nail my diagnosis on the head, I must identify:

  1. Date
  2. Time of day
  3. Duration of pain
  4. Location of pain
  5. Description of pain (1-10 scale)
  6. # of hours of sleep night before
  7. Food + drink consumption
  8. Over-the-counter medication + effectiveness
  9. Symptoms
I am crossing my fingers that after these 30 days of observation and analysis, my neurologist and I are able to figure out my particular headache diagnosis.

Feeling ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment